Rodents, Insects and Pests
What is a vector?
A “vector” is an animal or insect that is capable of transmitting a disease to humans.
San Mateo County Environmental Health will continue to respond to complaints and service requests on licensed and permitted facilities. Such facilities include restaurants, apartments (4 or more units), hotels, motels, and schools.
For complaints and service requests for single family dwellings, duplex, triplex, and condominiums, please contact:
San Mateo County Mosquito and Vector Control District
1351 Rollins Road
Burlingame, CA 94010
- Rodent Control Brochure
- California Department of Fish and Game
- California Department of Food and Agriculture
- California Department of Public Health - Vector-borne Disease Section
- California West Nile Virus Website
- Centers for Disease Control
- Pests in Gardens and Landscapes—Vertebrate Pests
- UC Davis Center for Vectorborne Diseases