Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP) Provider Information
Who is eligible to be a CPSP provider?
A CPSP-approved provider must be one of the following:
- Physician (OB/Gyn, family or general practice, pediatrician)
- Medical group (which includes one of the above)
- Certified Nurse Midwife, Family or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Hospital, Community or County Clinic
- Alternative Birth Center
In order to bill for CPSP services, the provider must have a current Medi-Cal provider number and be certified as a CPSP provider by California Department of Health Services.
How can I, or my clinic serve as a CPSP provider?
Please contact the Perinatal Services Coordinator (PSC) for San Mateo County if you are interested in becoming a CPSP provider. All interested clinics/practitioners must apply through the County's PSC. The PSC will provide instructions and assist you in the application process. To download an application or for additional information, you may refer to the California Department of Health Services CPSP website. You may also choose to view the above website to learn about applying for several of the following health programs simultaneously as you apply for a clinic license: Medi-Cal Presumptive Eligibility (PE) for Pregnant Women; Child Health and Disability Prevention (CHDP) Program; Comprehensive Perinatal Services Program (CPSP); and Family Planning, Access, Care and Treatment (Family PACT).
Who can deliver CPSP services?
- Physician (as listed above), Physician Assistant
- Certified Nurse Midwife, Family or Pediatric Nurse Practitioner, Registered Nurse, LVN
- Registered Dietitians
- Social Workers, Psychologists, MFCC
- Health Educators
Who can bill for CPSP services?
Only state-approved providers can bill for CPSP services.
Who do I contact for more information?
Faye Jennings, provides technical assistance and quality assurance activities to local CPSP providers, potential providers, managed care plans, and the perinatal community about local issues.
San Mateo County